Thanks to mild weather conditions, new school construction in Jordan School District is progressing on time and on schedule.
Here is an update on the progress:
- New High School in Herriman
- Steel framing is well underway
- Outside walls are up
- Work is beginning on the running track in the gymnasium
- Work continues on plumbing and electrical
- Roads leading to the school are rough graded
- New Middle School in South Jordan
- Crews are beginning work on the second story of the school
- Crews are framing walls on the first floor of the school
- Rebuild of West Jordan Middle School
- Steel framing is well underway
- Masonry is being laid around the gymnasium
- Work is beginning on the second floor of the school
All three schools are scheduled to open in the 2019-20 school year.
Enjoy a photo gallery of the progress at each school.
You might not know this fun fact, but members of the Jordan School District Board of Education read a book together on a regular basis and they would like to invite you to read along.
The ‘Board Book of the Quarter’ is an effort to further the Board’s goal of student achievement and professional development. As part of that effort, members of the Board each select a ‘Board Book of the Quarter.’ All members are asked to read this book and during each study session, 15 minutes is set aside to discuss the merits of the book with the discussion led by the Board member who recommended the book.
Right now the Board is reading, ‘In Praise of American Educators’ by Dr. Richard DuFour. This book debunks many myths of ‘failure’ in U.S. schools while exploring positive improvements that will make public schools even better.
Again, you are invited to join the Board in reading ‘In Praise of American Educators.’
For the latest info on what the Board is reading, check out our Board Book of the Quarter page.
As we head into the winter weather season, we’d like to remind everyone about District procedures and guidelines regarding snow closures or delays.
- Schools in Jordan School District will remain open, if at all possible, on all scheduled school days, even in winter weather conditions.
- You will only be notified if there is a delayed start or if school is closed or cancelled. No notification means school is open.
- School closure or delayed start information will always be posted no later than 6:30 a.m. on the Jordan School District website at jordandistrict.org, through social media, and local news outlets.
- Please know that parents may decide to keep children home due to adverse weather conditions. Schools understand and respect this decision and will work with families.
Full Emergency Communications & Snow Closure Guidelines can be found at jordandistrict.org/resources/emergency.
As we strive to provide the best customer service to all patrons throughout Jordan School District every day, we invite you to take a minute to let us know how we are doing in our offices and the schools in your area.
Please participate in the customer service survey at customer.jordandistrict.org
Thank you for your feedback.
The excitement has been building since the District’s two new elementary schools opened, with everyone wondering what will the mascots be for Bastian and Golden Fields Elementary Schools? Well, the votes are in and here are the results.
- The winner is, Bastian Elementary School Broncos! The school colors are red and black.
- The winner is, Golden Fields Elementary School Gladiators! The school colors are navy blue, light blue and gold.
We wish the Broncos and Gladiators a fantastic, safe and successful school year.