They work hard and make a difference in education through their dedication and caring ways. The Jordan Education Foundation is recognizing six extraordinary employees as Outstanding Classified award winners. We are so proud of these individuals for their kindness, compassion and commitment to the important work they do each and every day in our schools and office buildings. Congratulations to the following award recipients.
- Zach Anderson, Head Custodian, South Jordan Elementary School
- Mike Cote, Head Custodian, Jordan Ridge Elementary School
- Tommy Lawrence, Custodian, Blackridge Elementary School
- Pat Leverich, Customer Support Analyst, Information Systems
- Erin McCauley, Senior Executive Assistant, Herriman Elementary School
- Lisa Pickering, Administrative Assistant, Copper Mountain Middle School
Enjoy a photo gallery on our Facebook page.
Now is a great time to plan for the upcoming year before the busy summer rush. The staff in the Instructional Support Center (ISC) will be happy to help you with classroom teaching materials.
Check out the ISC website to see everything offered:
The ISC accepts orders by phone, fax or email.
The ISC is located in the Jordan School District Auxiliary Services Building at 7905 South Redwood Road, West Jordan.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(July 5th – July 21st, summer hours 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Keep in mind:
- Before you purchase and prepare student planners, the ISC spiral binding machine won’t punch plastic folders.
- Personal and non-school related material may not be reproduced at the ISC.
- JSD employees must wear approved District identification badges when visiting the ISC.
- Volunteers and PTA members as submitted and approved by principals and department administrators may use the ISC.
- Long-term substitutes may use the ISC, however regular substitutes are not eligible to use the ISC.
- Home school patrons may use the center if they are on the approved list provided by JSD’s Planning and Student Services Department.
They bring out the best in students when it comes to drama, dance, music and the visual arts and now some talented teachers are being recognized for their work. Three Jordan School District educators were recently chosen as recipients of the Sorenson Legacy Award for Excellence in Arts Education. The award is given to those who are considered the very best and brightest when it comes to providing excellence in arts education in public schools. We are very proud of the following award recipients:
- Clin Eaton, Theater Teacher, Riverton High School
- Austin Thorpe, Choir Teacher, Herriman High School
- Kelleen Leslie, 4th Grade Teacher, Blackridge Elementary School
Congratulations to these amazing educators and the wonderful work they do inspiring students through the arts.
They work tirelessly in 55 schools throughout the District advocating for healthy children and doing all they can to help kids when they are sick. Today is National School Nurse Day, which gives everyone an opportunity to say thanks to school nurses for all they do. These valuable and caring employees play an important and indispensable role in supporting academic success. When our children are healthy and happy, they are better equipped to learn and succeed. Thank you Jordan District School nurses for making a difference every day in the lives of children and their families!
What began as a rather routine Monday morning school assembly turned into something pretty extraordinary for Majestic Elementary School Principal Todd Theobold. Representatives from the Utah Association of Elementary School Principals showed up along with Superintendent Johnson, District staff and members of the Board of Education for a big announcement. After considering 600 principals from schools around the state, Mr. Theobold was selected as Utah Elementary School Principal of the Year. Mr. Theobold said it was an honor he shared with hard working staff and students at Majestic. Congratulations to this deserving principal and good luck in the national competition. Enjoy a photo gallery on our Facebook page.