- Director: Cheryl Matson
Phone: 801-567-8285 | E-mail: cheryl.matsonjordandistrict.org
|Kathryn||Brinton||801-567-8255||Administrative Assistant||T-Z (Retirees)|
Insurance Information for New Employees:
- Review insurance information and benefit election forms listed below.
- You will receive insurance coverage if a completed Benefit Election form is received in the District Insurance Office within 30 days of your contract start date. If you miss this deadline, you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to enroll in an insurance plan unless you have a qualifying event during the year.
- Flexible spending election forms are also due in the District Insurance Office within 30 days of your contract start date.
- Insurance coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following your employment start date, provided enrollment forms are completed and filed in the District Insurance Office within 30 days of the employment start date, effective January 1, 2016.
- A life insurance and a long-term disability policy is offered to all benefit eligible employees at no cost to you. Even if it is your intent to waive medical insurance coverage, complete the Benefit Election form for these benefits.
- Once enrolled in the medical, dental, vision, and AFLAC plans, you must remain on that plan for the benefit year unless you have a qualifying event. When you have a qualifying event you have 30 days to complete and return a new change form or you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment period.
- Divorce or legal separation (60 day notification);
- Marriage, or change in number of dependents;
- Change in employment status of employee, spouse, or dependent that causes loss of eligibility;
- Dependent satisfies (or ceases to satisfy) eligibility requirements (60 day notification);
- Change in coverage under another employer plan (including mandatory or optional change from your spouse’s employer and change initiated by your spouse);
- Loss of coverage from government or educational institution;
- COBRA qualifying event (termination/reduction of hours, employee death, divorce/legal separation, ceasing to be a dependent);
- Other changes resulting from a judgment, decree, or order; Medicare or Medicaid entitlement; or FMLA leave of absence.
Insurance Open Enrollment:
June and July, effective date of September 1
The following changes can be made during the open enrollment period:
- Enroll in a new insurance plan
- Change an existing service plan
- Cancel an existing service plan
- Complete a new flexible spending form
(A new flexible spending election form must be turned in each year you wish to participate in this program per IRS guidelines.)
Note: Open enrollment forms and flexible spending elections will not be accepted during the months of August or September, unless you are a newly hired employee and your contract begins in August or September.
Please call Insurance Services at 801-567-8146 with any questions.