What Parents Need to Know about School Emergencies and Reunification
In some emergency situations students may be transported from school and sent to an evacuation site off campus. If that happens, parents need to know how to safely and calmly reunite with their children closely following directions established by the District, local police and firefighters. A safe and controlled reunification is essential in any evacuation. Parents please watch this video to learn how a safe and successful reunification works.
A Safe School Environment
Jordan School District is committed to providing a safe environment for students, employees and visitors. The District’s comprehensive safety plan addresses a variety of crisis situations including:
- Severe Weather
- Chemical Spills
- Bomb Threats
- Power Outages
- Jordan District Safe School Resources
The following information addresses safety in Jordan District’s schools:
- Jordan District Safe School Q&A
- Emergency Communications/Snow Closure Guidelines
- Transportation and Bus Safety
- Prevention Training for Staff
- Programs Available for Students, Teachers and Parents
- Homeland Security Procedures
- Resources for Jordan School District Employees
- Incident Command & Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Safety Tips
- Additional Safe School Resources for Employees
- Additional Safe School Links
- Emergency Planning – Information from the US Department of Education Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
- National Incident Management System – Information about FEMA’s Incident Management System. All Jordan District schools are trained in this system.
- NetSmartz.org – A resource for teaching children about the potential dangers of the Internet.