- Boundary Locator
Find school boundaries, maps and bus stop locations.
- Course Catalog & Credit Guidelines
Provides information to assist secondary school students in selecting classes.
- Dual Language Immersion Programs
An educational approach in which students are taught curriculum content in a second language.
- The Early College Syllabus and Road to College Guide
(Advanced Placement, Concurrent Enrollment & International Baccalaureate)
These publications detail opportunities for students to earn college credit and assist them in preparing to attend a college/university program.
- Fee Waivers
Forms and information for waiving select Jordan School District fees.
- Graduation Requirements
Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
- Honors Programs
Honors courses offer more rigor and depth in the subject area.
- Immunization Requirements
Outlines the immunization requirements for students in Jordan School District.
- Kindergarten Registration
Information concerning how to register your student for Kindergarten and when to do so.
- Online Classes for Grades 9-12
A program that allows high school students to register for online classes each semester.
- School Choice/Open Enrollment
A program that allows families to choose which schools their students will attend.
- School Fees
A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
- Are you planning to enroll a child in a Jordan District school?
Here are a few things parents should know.
- Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
- You will need a birth certificate for any child who is entering kindergarten.
- You will need a birth certificate for any student registering from out of state.
- You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Visit the Immunization Requirements page for more info.
- If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, you will need proof of vision screening for Amblyopia. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a pre-school vision
clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child’s legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- If your child will not be living with you or a legal guardian, you will need a special enrollment permit from Planning and Student Services. Call 801-567-8250 for information.
- Your new Jordan District school will send for your child’s student records. Since this may take a little time, it is a good idea to register early if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old must a child be in order to enroll in public school?
- Children seeking to enter public school in Utah must be at least five years of age before September 2nd of the year in which admission is sought (Utah State Code 53A-3-402(6)).
- Children between the age of six and eighteen years of age are required to attend a public or regularly established private school during the school year (Utah State Code 53A-11-101).
- A birth certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics is required of all children at the time of their entrance into kindergarten and when entering a Utah public school for the first time.
What items are necessary to register a student who has moved with their custodial parent or legal guardian into Jordan School District?
Students moving with a custodial guardian or legal guardian need a withdrawal from their previous school of attendance, certified birth certificate (if entering kindergarten or a school in Utah for the first time), immunization records, and copies of any academic records that could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled.
Where may additional questions dealing with student boundaries and registration procedures be answered?
Please call Planning & Student Services at 801-567-8183 OR 801-567-8259 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Visit the School Choice page for questions on out-of-boundary school attendance.