The Jordan School District Board of Education is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached on the 2018-19 teacher compensation package. The Jordan Education Association (JEA) approved the agreement on Monday and the Board unanimously approved the agreement Tuesday.
Thank you to the JEA for their collaboration and insight helping to reach this salary increase agreement. In addition, we are thankful to all of the individuals who worked on the Licensed Educator Compensation Task Force (LECTF) who came up with ideas implemented in this agreement.
Here are some highlights of the new compensation package:
- All teachers receive a $3,675 raise factoring in their step increase and an additional professional development day.
- The starting salary for all brand-new teachers is now $42,800.
- A total of $3 million is being set aside for a brand new JSD grant. Teachers who apply for the grant can receive up to an additional $3,000 in compensation based on exemplary work.
- Mentor teacher compensation is increased to a day’s pay per mentee.
- Elementary school teachers will now be paid for parking lot duty.
- Secondary teachers who give up their prep time and teach an extra period will receive higher compensation – from a 12.5% stipend to 16.7%.
- Teachers obtaining additional education levels will continue to receive additional compensation.