After receiving feedback on previous boundary Options A and B, the Board developed boundary Option C. Feedback will be gathered through a new survey until midnight on Friday, November 9th. A vote to finalize boundaries is scheduled for the Board’s public meeting on November 13th. After that meeting, final boundary decisions will be sent through Skyward to every parent.
Please note the following regarding Option C:
- Some neighborhoods that would not have changed boundaries under Option A or Option B would change boundaries under Option C. Please review the Option C maps carefully.
- If there is no map for your school, then your school is not being considered for a boundary change.
- Fox Hollow and South Jordan Elementary would remain on a year-round calendar. All other elementary schools would be on a traditional calendar.
- Majestic Elementary would be scheduled to close after the 2019-20 school year, with future building use to be determined over the coming year.
- The ALPS program would remain at Jordan Ridge Elementary.
- Some permits would be revoked at schools over capacity pending the Board’s approval of the draft permit policy.
- Fort Herriman, Oquirrh Hills, and South Hills Middle Schools would change boundaries to Option C Transition for the 2019-20 school year, then to Option C for the 2020-21 school year. Although these schools would experience two boundary changes, boundaries would only be moved once at most for each student. Please visit boundary.jordandistrict.org for maps.
Boundary Option Maps