The Jordan Family Education Center exists to support students and families in a variety of ways and the services are free of charge.
The center is staffed by school psychologists, counselors and school psychology interns employed by Jordan School District and it is located inside River’s Edge School in South Jordan. Trained professionals provide free, short-term counseling services for individuals and students.
They also offer counseling in the form of support groups for situations like the following:
- Children dealing with divorce
- Grief support for those surviving the death of a loved one
- A social skills group for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
The Jordan Family Education Center also offers a variety of free classes, for example:
- Blues Busters: Skills for parents of children who are sad or worried
- Safeguarding Our Children and Teens: A seminar for parents addressing bullying, internet safety and substance abuse
- Just Breathe: Teens learning to live mindfully with stress and drama
To register for classes, sign up for free counseling or enroll in support groups contact:
- The Jordan Family Education Center 801-565-7442
- For a schedule of classes, support groups, dates and times visit http://www.jordandistrict.org/departments/jfec/