Members of the Board of Education recently met with local elected officials to talk about the Board’s 2020 Legislative Priorities.
The legislative priorities are as follows:
High Quality Instruction
We will continue to encourage quality instruction by providing our teachers competitive salaries, coaching, professional development, support staff, and resources to help our students learn at the highest levels.
- Continue to implement salary options to attract and retain quality teachers
- Remove barriers to competency education
We can best meet the needs of the District with an increase in WPU along with funding for enrollment growth, TSSA, and equalization.
- Increase WPU and funding for enrollment growth.
- Work collaboratively with the Utah Legislature to explore solutions to solve the tax imbalance in a way that ensures appropriate funding for education.
Mental Health and Wellness
We will continue to provide increased access to mental health resources and services along with continuing our health and wellness efforts.
- Continue to provide access to mental health resources and services.
- Support legislation regarding regulation of vaping and e-cigarettes.
We realize the importance of maintaining our focus on school safety and the training of school staff, students and community.
- Allow for local control of school safety options to address unique needs.
We realize the need for continued busing to insure the safety and well being of our students as they travel to and from school and sponsored events.
- Support transportation costs to 85%.