Jordan School District continues to work closely with the Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force, Utah State Board of Education, Utah Department of Health, and Salt Lake County Health Department regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus).
At this time the Governor’s Task Force has instructed Utah school districts not to close schools unless specifically directed to do so by a local health officer.
As a result, there are no plans to close Jordan School District schools as of March 12, 2020.
We are following the recommendations of the State Task Force, Utah State Board of Education, and Salt Lake County Health Department which include:
- All out-of-state student travel is cancelled now through April 15.
- All school assemblies are cancelled now through March 29.
- All after-school performances, proms, dances, and concerts are postponed now through March 29.
- All field trips are postponed now through March 29.
- Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) has suspended all spring activities, games, and tournaments from March 16 – March 29. Practices have not been cancelled.
As always, parents may choose to keep their students home. Schools will be flexible in these circumstances.
Jordan School District will continue to update you as we work in collaboration with State and local authorities regarding COVID-19.
Thank you for your support.