Governor Gary Herbert announced today that all public schools in Utah will be dismissed beginning Monday, March 16, for a period of two weeks. This is a pre-emptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
This means Jordan School District schools will not be in session and no students will attend in person from March 16 – 29.
It is important for parents to know the following:
Breakfast and Lunch Will Continue to be Available for Pick Up Only Starting Wednesday, March 18
- A breakfast to-go will be available (at schools which currently serve breakfast) from 8 – 9 a.m.
- Schools will remain open for students to pick up lunch to-go from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Students must return home after receiving their meal.
- Any student can go to any school in the District to receive lunch.
- Any student can go to any school in the District to receive breakfast, at schools which currently serve breakfast.
- Please remember to have your lunch number with you.
Student Learning Will Continue at Home
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 will be used as planning days for teachers and staff to further prepare for at-home learning.
- Details will be forthcoming regarding specific plans for student at-home learning, which will begin on Wednesday, March 18.
- For students who do not have access to a device at home, schools will provide information on their device checkout process.
- Families without internet access should contact their school.
- Year-round schools will contact parents regarding accommodations for A and B tracks.
School Activities Cancelled or Postponed Through March 29
- All school activities are cancelled or postponed.
- All games, sporting events, and practices are cancelled or postponed.
- All extracurricular activities and rehearsals are cancelled or postponed.
More information will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your support.