Being social helps us manage stress and stay mentally healthy. When we are distanced from friends it can lead to feelings of worry, depression, & loneliness.
Here are some tips that can help
- Keep a regular routine for sleeping, eating, exercise, hygiene, study, and play.
- Find ways to be productive with cleaning, classwork, and goals.
- Use social media, texting, or video chat for fun & connections.
- Find uplifting music, shows, and books to keep you occupied; spend time outside or with a pet.
- Keep a daily journal to track what you are grateful for.
- Take a break from the news if it is causing you to worry.
- Stretch, exercise, and take deep breaths to feel calmer.
- Talk about how you are feeling with family, friends or check in with a counselor using telehealth.
- Use the SafeUT app and chat with a crisis counselor.
- Remember that this situation is temporary, and that we are a in this together. Offer kindness to others.