Congratulations to some very bright and talented Jordan School District students who are excelling with exciting projects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM.) Earlier this year, before school dismissal, 310 students from 24 schools participated in the Jordan School District STEM Fair led by 103 teachers.
Some of these talented students went on to compete in the Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair (CUSEF,) which was held virtually in May due to school dismissal. Once again, Jordan District students shined managing to take 15 out of 19 winning places.
We want to recognize Midas Creek Elementary School students who took 6 of the 19 winning places. Congratulations to the following:
- Engineering – 2nd Place Logan Giron, Midas Creek Elementary -Towel Saver
- Engineering – 2nd Place Abigail Loeffle,r Midas Creek Elementary – The Pack-A-Potty
- Engineering – 2nd Place Lincoln Potter, Midas Creek Elementary – Raise The Roof
- Engineering – 1st Place Easton Olson, Midas Creek Elementary – Couch Lifter
- Engineering – 1st Place Gavin Gwilliam, Midas Creek Elementary – Hands Free Ball Carrier
- Engineering – Grand Champion Afton Barron, Midas Creek Elementary – Biodegradable Water Balloons
There were seven categories: Computer Science; Chemistry; Earth & Environmental Science; Engineering; Life Science; Physics, Astronomy, & Mathematics, and Product & Consumer Science.