If you visit any number of schools in Jordan School District you will see crews working tirelessly to complete summer projects before students and staff arrive back for a new school year. Here are some of the highlights.
- Bingham High School Renovation
- Columbia Elementary School Sidewalk Addition/Parking Lot
- Transportation Expansion
- West Jordan High School Counseling Center Renovation and Daycare Center
- Monte Vista Elementary School Addition
- Copper Mountain Middle School Office and Security Entrance
- Fort Herriman Middle School Office and Security Entrance
- Sunset Ridge Middle School Office and Security Entrance
- West Hills Middle School Office and Security Entrance
- Herriman High School New Turf on Playing Field
- Riverton High School Weight Room and Boilers
Students in the graduating class of 2019 are embarking on a new chapter in their young lives. Many are headed to colleges, universities and community colleges in Utah and across the United States. This year many of those graduates are also getting a little help along the way in the form of scholarships.
District-wide the class of 2019 was awarded a total of $30,222,126 in scholarships.
Thanks to our dedicated counselors and school leaders who helped students apply for and earn the scholarship money.
Congratulations graduates! Good luck in all your pursuits!
The new Mountain Ridge High School in Herriman will open in the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
While construction crews continue to get the school ready for students, staff and teachers, Principal Mike Kochevar put on a hard hat and headed inside to give everyone a sneak peek.
Here is a video tour from the “Principal’s Perspective.”
Each year the Jordan Education Foundation receives hundreds of nominations from people sharing stories about hard working and truly amazing classified employees throughout Jordan School District. Narrowing the field down to the top eight is a difficult task, but this year’s winners have been selected.
Congratulations to the 2019 Jordan Education Foundation Classified Employees of the Year. We are very proud and appreciative of the valuable work you do every single day!
- Trina Child, Columbia Elementary School
- Anne Gould, Jordan Education Foundation
- Amanda Hansen, Department of Teaching and Learning
- Paul Hansen, Riverton Elementary School
- Brenda Landeen, South Jordan Elementary School
- Tiffany Page, Eastlake Elementary School
- Cyndi Pellegrino, Sunset Ridge Middle School
- Marci Stewart, Foothills Elementary School
West Jordan High School senior Brooklyn Gaskins has taken full advantage of her elementary and secondary education in Jordan School District. She has worked hard earning a 4.0 GPA while participating in National Honor Society, HOSA, varsity cheerleading, service projects and other organizations. Brooklyn is also in the Dental Assisting program at JATC South.
What is truly amazing – Brooklyn has NEVER missed a day of school from kindergarten through 12th grade. She has never even been late for school. Brooklyn says dedication to education is something very important in her life. She has always believed that if teachers take the time to prepare lesson plans, students should have enough respect to show up and learn all they can.
Congratulations, Brooklyn! We wish you the best in your future education and career pursuits.