Insurance Information for New Employees:
- Review insurance information and benefit election forms listed below.
- You will receive insurance coverage if a completed Benefit Election form is received in the District Insurance Office within 30 calendar days of your contract start date. If you miss this deadline, you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to enroll in an insurance plan unless you have a qualifying event during the year.
- Flexible spending election forms are also due in the District Insurance Office within 30 calendar days of your contract start date.
- Insurance coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following your employment start date, provided enrollment forms are completed and filed in the District Insurance Office within 30 calendar days of the employment start date.
- A life insurance and a long-term disability policy is offered to all benefit eligible employees at no cost to you. Even if it is your intent to waive medical insurance coverage, complete the Benefit Election form for these benefits.
Qualifying Events/ New & Current Employees:
When you have a qualifying event you have 30 calendar days to complete and return a new change form or you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment period.
- Divorce or legal separation;
- Marriage, or change in number of dependents;
- Change in employment status of employee, spouse, or dependent that causes loss of eligibility;
- Dependent satisfies (or ceases to satisfy) eligibility requirements;
- Change in coverage under another employer plan (including mandatory or optional change from your spouse’s employer and change initiated by your spouse);
- Loss of coverage from government or educational institution;
- COBRA qualifying event (termination/reduction of hours, employee death, divorce/legal separation, ceasing to be a dependent);
- Other changes resulting from a judgment, decree, or order; Medicare or Medicaid entitlement; or FMLA leave of absence.
Insurance Open Enrollment:
June and July, effective date of September 1
The following changes can be made during the open enrollment period:
- Enroll in a new insurance plan
- Change an existing service plan
- Cancel an existing service plan
- Enroll in flexible spending
(New flexible spending election must be made each year you wish to participate in this program per IRS guidelines.)
Note: Open enrollment forms and flexible spending elections will not be accepted during the months of August or September, unless you are a newly hired employee and your contract begins in August or September.
Please call Insurance Services at 801-567-8146 with any questions.
- Insurance Documents
- Benefit Summary & Master Policy
- Enrollment Guide & Member Tool
- Enrollment Forms
- Voluntary Benefits
- Life and Disability Policy/Certificate
- Cigna – Life, Identity Theft, Will Prep
- Cigna – Secure Travel
- (Policy) Life Insurance – Active Employee
- (Policy) Accidental Death and Dismemberment – Active Employee
- (Policy) Long Term Disability – Active Employees
- Cigna Application – AD&D Conversion
- Cigna Application – Portability of Voluntary Life
- Cigna Application – Life Insurance Conversion
- Cigna Application – Voluntary Life Insurance
- Other Documents
- 2019-20 Medicare D Creditable Coverage
- CHIP Notice
- Exchange Notice
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
- 2019-20 Summary of Benefits & Coverage – Advantage/Summit Traditional
- 2019-20 Summary of Benefits & Coverage – Advantage/Summit Value
- 2019-20 Summary of Benefits & Coverage – Advantage-Summit Star QHDHP
- Workers Compensation