As you may be aware, the Board of Education has approved a $4.5 million grant for teachers for the 2019-20 school year. This money was allocated to reward educators for the great work they are already doing and for additional innovations and student opportunities they may wish to pursue. The Board wants this money to go toward paying educators for their time and efforts as they seek creative ways of improving instruction and providing additional opportunities for students.
The application is designed to take just a few minutes to complete. Additional information related to the grant:
- These grants were created by the Board of Education to reward outstanding work done by educators in Jordan School District.
- All licensed employees are eligible to apply.
- Most grants should be focused on compensating teachers for the additional time and effort required to provide extraordinary experiences for students, whether before, during or after school.
- Please do not request reimbursement for classroom supplies or tuition.
- Grants may be awarded to pay for conference attendance (time and registration), but not for travel expenses.
- Individual projects may be awarded up to $3,000. Extraordinary projects can receive as much as $5,000. Individuals may not receive more than $5,000 total for all projects (group or individual) combined.
- Group projects may be awarded up to $12,000. Extraordinary projects can receive as much as $20,000. Individuals may not receive more than $5,000 total for all projects (group or individual) combined.
- A committee of teachers from all levels and varied subject areas will review all grant applications.
- Each grant application will either be approved for the full amount requested, approved for a partial amount, or denied.
- The amount of money awarded for each grant will depend in part on the total number of grant requests that are approved by the review committee.
- Grant applications must be submitted by Oct. 7, 2019 (11:59 PM).
- It is anticipated that the review process will be finished by the end of October and notification of awards will be completed in November.
- Please note that these grants are paid as compensation on your November paycheck and are subject to the applicable payroll taxes.
- Submissions will be evaluated on project description, student benefit, purposes and expected outcome using the Teacher Grant Rubic.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. Have a great school year!