Dear Exemplary Employees,
This time of year gives us all an opportunity to pause and reflect on the many things for which we have to be grateful. As I take the time to give thanks for the many things that have occurred to shape my life and make me a better person, I give gratitude for:
- The many wonderful people that I have met within Jordan School District that give their all to focus on the mission of our school district—that of increasing student achievement.
- The inspiring teachers that go the extra mile to make certain that they are well trained, thoughtfully prepared, and constantly engaging so their students are provided only the best learning experiences.
- The awesome army of conscientious classified employees who are dedicated to and focused on their work as it is essential to the support of our young people in the future opportunities and ambitions.
- The herculean effort that is put forth to ensure that our students are supported by a comfortable and rich learning environment through our Transportation, Nutrition Services, and Facilities Departments so that acquiring new knowledge can and does take place every day.
- The tens of thousands of hours that are needed to make certain that all of the functions of Jordan School District (Accounting, Purchasing, Payroll, Insurance, Information Systems, Human Resources, and Student Support Services) are accomplished each and every day.
- The visionary administrators who constantly collaborate to ensure that we are continually monitoring, tweaking and improving in order to elevate our organization.
- Our Board of Education as they diligently deliberate, establish goals and provide direction for the education of all students within our District.
I am grateful for the exceptional work you do as a team for our young people throughout our District and am blessed to be able to be engaged in this noble cause with you. Thank you for working together with me toward a much greater purpose than ourselves. Thank you for keeping “every child, every day” at the forefront of the work we do each day and for working toward the greater good—our future. I am grateful for you and the tremendous impact you have had on my life and on the lives of our students.
With genuine appreciation and thanksgiving,
Patrice A. Johnson, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools