Bluffdale Elementary is located in the southwest area of Jordan School District. Franklin Covey has named our school as a Leader In Me Lighthouse School. This recognition comes because the school has achieved outstanding results in school and student outcomes by implementing The Leader in Me process with fidelity.
- Developing Learners and Leaders
- Every child can learn
- Literacy and numeracy are gateway skills to success
- Parents and teachers are partners working to help each child succeed
- Success is maximized in an environment where students and staff feel safe and mutually respected
- General Information
- Bluffdale Elementary serves 950 students in kindergarten to sixth grade.
- Bluffdale operates on a modified traditional schedule.
- Portuguese Immersion is offered to students beginning in first grade. Dual language immersion provides a rich bilingual experience for young learners
- Leader in Me is a process used to teach and develop leadership skills in students. The 7 Habits are an important part of classroom instruction.
- Beverly Taylor Sorenson Music Program is offered to all students and taught by a certified music instructor.
- Meet the Masters introduces students to famed artists as they put their art techniques into practice.
- School Community Council is comprised of community representatives, teachers, and principal. This group gives input on vital school issues.
- PTA actively helps students succeed in school. PTA volunteers spend many extra hours to provide enrichment activities to make our school a great place to be.
- Students and Staff
- Bluffdale staff includes 40 certified teachers who have advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the standard teaching certificate.
- The resource program provides special help to students who are behind in math or reading. A guidance specialist is available to provide group or individual counseling. Speech therapy is also provided for students as needed.
- Teachers collaborate in professional learning communities in order to improve student learning and achievement.
- Bluffdale Leadership Team of Students (BLTS) in K- 6 helps our students gain valuable leadership skills as they meet to offer suggestions to improve our school, build school spirit and serve others.
- Students are recognized each year by receiving the Principal’s Pride Leadership award.
- Students receive Spirit Tags throughout the year for their accomplishments.
Visitors are welcome at Bluffdale Elementary. For safety purposes Utah State Law requires all visitors to sign in at the office prior to conducting business in the school.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Bluffdale Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Bluffdale Elementary
- 2016-17 SAGE Results for Bluffdale Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Bluffdale Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Bluffdale Elementary
- 2016-17 PACE Report Card for Bluffdale Elementary
Begin at Mountain View Corridor and 13400 S.; east along 13400 S. (south side) to Bangerter Hwy.; southeast along Bangerter Hwy. (south side) to the Bluffdale City line (approx. 800 W.); south along the Bluffdale City line (west side) to approx. 14300 S.; east along approx. 14300 S. to approx. 450 W.; south along approx. 450 W. to 14600 S.; southeast along 14600 S. to the I-15 Frwy.; south along the I-15 Frwy. (west side) to the south county line; southwest along the south county line (north side) to Camp Williams Rd.; north along Camp Williams Rd. (east side) to Porter Rockwell Rd.; west along Porter Rockwell Rd. (north side) to Mountain View Corridor; north along Mountain View Corridor (east side) to 13400 S.