Falcon Ridge Elementary is located in West Jordan. The school sits on a beautiful site at the base of the Oquirrh Mountains and overlooks the Salt Lake Valley. The school opened July 2008. The dedicated faculty has a wide range of backgrounds and specialty training. The focus is on student learning and achievement in the areas of literacy, numeracy and arts integration.
- General Information
- Falcon Ridge serves 710 students on a year-round schedule. This includes two special needs preschool classes. Students are divided into four attendance tracks. Typically, each track is in school for 45 days followed by 15 days of vacation. The school takes a common vacation in July.
- The school has a clean-line design featuring flexible space classrooms, centrally located media center, spacious gym with stage area, and an up-to-date computer lab. Each classroom is equipped with audio enhancement and digital projection systems.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 22 in first and second grades, 1 to 23 in third grade, and 1 to 26 in fourth, fifth, and sixth grades. The actual class sizes vary.
- A nutritious hot lunch is prepared and served daily.
- School Highlights
- Teachers collaborate in Professional Learning Communities to ensure that all students are learning and to give students access to the best talents of each teacher.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds all district and state requirements. Teachers use the Balanced Literacy framework to teach reading and writing. Math is taught using a combination of Investigations and the Scott Foresman/Addison Wesley curriculum.
- Students have access to the latest technology including computers, mobile writing labs (laptops), and smart boards. Students work with software in language arts, math, and other curriculum areas.
- Resource teachers give special help to students who are behind in math or reading. A Literacy Facilitator and reading assistants provide interventions to strengthen reading skills for students.
- A guidance specialist is available to provide group or individual counseling. Speech therapy is also provided for students as necessary.
- Falcon Ridge has a school choir that allows students in grades K-6 to experience the joy of vocal music and performing as a group.
- Falcon Ridge students are expected to follow a Code of Conduct for responsible citizens, which spells out expectations for behavior.
- The school adheres to Jordan District dress, attendance, and discipline standards.
- The Falcon Ridge Student Council gives students leadership opportunities as they meet to build school pride and serve others.
- An active PTA and School Community Council assist with school activities and regularly give input on important school issues.
School visitors and volunteers are welcomed and encouraged at Falcon Ridge. Volunteers support the educational process through their work within the classroom. Every family that attends Falcon Ridge is encouraged to support their children by working as a team with the classroom teachers as they strive to provide excellent educational opportunities for all children.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2013-14 SAGE Results for Falcon Ridge Elementary
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Falcon Ridge Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Falcon Ridge Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Falcon Ridge Elementary
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Falcon Ridge Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Falcon Ridge Elementary
Begin at the west county line and approx. 6600 S.; east along approx. 6600 S. (south side) to 5600 W.; south along 5600 W. (west side) to approx. 7530 S.; west along approx. 7530 S. (north side) to approx. 5820 W.; north along approx. 5820 W. (east side) to approx. 7490 S.; west along approx. 7490 S. (north side) to approx. 5850 W.; north along approx. 5850 W. (east side) to approx. 7400 S.; west along approx. 7400 S. (north side) to U-111; south along U-111 (west side) to 7800 S.; west along approx. 7800 S. (north side) to the west county line; north along the west county line (east side) to approx. 6600 S.