- Principal: David Butler
- Assistant Principal: Amy Adams
- Address: 5120 W. Hayden Peak Drive (7995 South), West Jordan, UT 84081
- Phone: 801-280-0722 | Fax: 801-302-4931
- Mascot: Hawks
- School Colors: Gray, Black & Navy Blue
- Home Page: http://haydenpeak.jordandistrict.org
- View boundary description
- View student achievement
Hayden Peak Elementary is located in West Jordan City. The staff and parents of students at Hayden Peak are committed to academic excellence. The staff works tirelessly to create a safe, and caring learning climate where every student can master basic skills and develop a sense of self-worth through a variety of learning experiences.
Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved in their child’s education by volunteering frequently at the school.
- Hayden Peak Elementary opened in August 1999 and serves approximately 830 students in grades K-6. We are on a traditional elementary school schedule.
- The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m. except on Fridays when school is dismissed at 1:25 to provide time for teachers to plan curriculum, collaborate and participate in professional learning. (Students are brought into the building at 8:25 a.m.)
- The staff at Hayden Peak is well qualified and is comprised of many experienced teachers holding advanced degrees and numerous endorsements.
- The school’s curriculum meets or exceeds all state and district standards. The classwork in each grade follows the state and district core curriculum guidelines.
- Hayden Peak follows the district dress standard, which requires clean, neat, and modest clothing. As you volunteer, please dress appropriately.
- Students are expected to arrive to school on time, participate in class, and respect others.
- Hayden Peak has a special education program that includes a variety of special services for students with special learning needs.
- A nutritious, well-balanced breakfast and lunch is served each day. Reduced rate or free breakfast and lunches are available to students in need.
- Visitors are always welcome at Hayden Peak and are required to sign in at the office upon arrival.
- Hayden Peak has a school choir called “Harmony” that allows students in grades 2-6 experience the joy of vocal music and performing as a group.
- The school offers an orchestra program for students in grades 3-6 (beginning and advanced students.) Classes for orchestra are held after school.
- Hayden Peak is a 7 Habits school. We build student leaders and reward students exhibiting any of the seven habits of highly effective people.
- Hayden Peak is equipped with two computer labs. We also have several mobile laptop labs and iPad labs that can be wheeled into the classroom to support student learning. We also have multiple Chromebooks and/or iPads in each classroom.
- The school benefits from a supportive parent group. PTA officers and parent volunteers provide hours of service each week at our school.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2013-14 SAGE Results for Hayden Peak Elementary
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Hayden Peak Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Hayden Peak Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Hayden Peak Elementary
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Hayden Peak Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Hayden Peak Elementary
Begin at 7800 S. and Mountain View Corridor; east along 7800 S. (south side) to Grizzly Wy.; north along Grizzly Wy. (east side) to approx.7400 S. (Bridle Creek Dr.); east along approx. 7400 S. (south side) to the D&RGW Railroad (approx. 4500 W.); south along the railroad (west side) to New Bingham Hwy.; southwest along New Bingham Hwy. (north side) to Mountain View Corridor; north along Mountain View Corridor (east side) to 7800 S.