Monte Vista Elementary is located in the city of South Jordan, a growing community in the southwest part of the Salt Lake Valley. The school was built in 1977 and has undergone several interior remodels since. The faculty of Monte Vista Elementary is committed to excellence and works collaboratively to create a safe, nurturing learning environment where every student can receive a well-rounded education and develop their unique talents and abilities through a variety of learning experiences. A strong, positive school climate is established where teachers and parents work in partnership to ensure students gain academic competence, develop social skills, and become responsible citizens.
- General Information and School Highlights
- Monte Vista Elementary serves approximately 825 students in grades K-6.
- A nutritious hot lunch is prepared and served daily. Free and reduced price lunches are available to qualifying students.
- Bus service is provided for students who live 1½ miles or more from the school.
- Monte Vista Elementary is made up of a dedicated faculty with a wide range of backgrounds, talents, and experience. All faculty members are certified teachers, and many have advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the required teaching certificate. They provide a welcoming environment and strong academic program for our students.
- All teachers, administrators, and members of the school support staff are evaluated yearly, for the purpose of maintaining high quality instruction in every classroom. Teachers continually participate in professional development opportunities to improve instructional skills.
- The established school curriculum meets or exceeds all State and District standards.
- Monte Vista Elementary is a Professional Learning Community where teachers collaborate in teams and plan together to ensure that instruction in each grade level is aligned with the State and District Core Curriculum Guidelines, and students are provided with a maximum of learning opportunities.
- Technology is an important part of the curriculum at Monte Vista Elementary. An up-to-date computer lab and additional mobile computer labs enable students to learn and practice a variety of skills. Students are provided experience with keyboarding and word processing, opportunities for individual and project-based activities in technology, and supportive software in language arts, math, and science.
- Monte Vista Elementary is a Leader in Me school. All students are leaders and learn about the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. Students participate in student-led conferences and keep individual leadership notebooks to track academic performance. This program assists in building leadership and positive character traits.
- Monte Vista Elementary has a Chinese Dual Immersion program in grades 1-6. Students who participate in this program spend half of the day in an English classroom and the other half in a Chinese classroom, where grade-level content instruction occurs in the second language.
- An active PTA and School Community Council assist with activities and regularly give input on important school issues.
- Visitors and volunteers are welcome at Monte Vista Elementary. Volunteers support the educational process through their work within the school and play an important role in student learning.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Monte Vista Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Monte Vista Elementary
- 2016-17 SAGE Results for Monte Vista Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Monte Vista Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Monte Vista Elementary
- 2016-17 PACE Report Card for Monte Vista Elementary
Begin at 4000 W. and Daybreak Pkwy. (11400 S.); east along 11400 S. (south side) to 3200 W.; north along 3200 W. (east side) to South Jordan Pkwy. (10400 S.); east along South Jordan Pkwy. (south side) to 1700 W.; south along 1700 W. (west side) to 11800 S.; west along 11800 S. (north side) to 4000 W.; north along 4000 W. (east side) to Daybreak Pkwy.