Mountain Shadows opened its doors in 1988. It is located in the northwest corner of the Jordan School District’s boundaries and operates on a traditional schedule. The staff at Mountain Shadows is committed to providing a quality education for each of its students. Learning takes place in a nurturing climate where students are encouraged to master basic skills and develop a sense of self-worth as they work to become contributing members of our society. School spirit is high, as teachers and parents work in partnership to help students achieve academic excellence, develop social skills, and become responsible citizens.
- Mountain Shadows Elementary serves 700 students in grades K-6, and accommodates a Special Needs Pre-school.
- The faculty is comprised of experienced teachers, with many holding advanced degrees.
- The school’s curriculum meets or exceeds all state and District standards. Instruction in each grade follows the State and District Core Curriculum Guidelines. Teachers are encouraged to use STEM activities in all content areas to improve student understanding and achievement.
- Mountain Shadows follows the District dress code.
- Discipline is handled in a positive manner; students, teachers, parents, and the administration work as a team to find the best solution for the student. Students are recognized for appropriate behavior through such programs as Star Student, Positive Paws, Good Principal Visits, and Distinguished Cub Awards.
- Mountain Shadows has an excellent Special Education program to provide services for students with special learning needs.
- The Mountain Shadows Media Center offers students a variety of materials for academic study and personal enjoyment.
- A nutritious, well-balanced breakfast and lunch is served each day.
- Visitors are welcome at Mountain Shadows and asked to drop by the office upon arrival. We love volunteers!
- Technology training is an important aspect of the school curriculum. Our computer lab enables all students (grades K-6) to learn and practice keyboarding skills, word processing programs, and work with software in language arts and math. The school system is networked to provide school-wide computer experiences, including the Internet. Mobile computer labs and iPad labs are also utilized in technology integration.
- Mountain Shadows enjoys the services of a supportive PTA and School Community Council.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2013-14 SAGE Results for Mountain Shadows Elementary
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Mountain Shadows Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Mountain Shadows Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Mountain Shadows Elementary
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Mountain Shadows Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Mountain Shadows Elementary
Begin at 5600 W. and 6600 S.; east along 6600 S. (south side) to the D&RGW Railroad (approx. 4725 W.); south along the railroad (west side) to approx. 7400 S. (Bridle Creek Dr.); west along Bridle Creek Dr. to Grizzly Wy.; north along Grizzly Wy. (east side) to approx. 7400 S.; west along approx. 7400 S. (north side) to 5600 W.; north along 5600 W. (east side) to 6600 S.