- Principal: Amanda Edwards
- Assistant Principal: Cherie Wilson
- Address: 12937 S Elementary Drive (5300 W), Herriman, UT 84096
- Phone: 801-253-1034 | Fax: 801-302-4917
- Mascot: Knights
- School Colors: Red, Black, & Silver
- Home Page: silvercrest.jordandistrict.org
- View student achievement
- View current boundary description
Silver Crest Elementary is located in the rapidly growing city of Herriman. Our students come to us from Riverton City as well as from Herriman. The Silver Crest faculty is dedicated to giving students a well-rounded education with a good foundation in basic skills and ample opportunities for social and emotional development. Our focus is on student learning and achievement in the areas of literacy, numeracy, and on creating and maintaining a positive school atmosphere.
- General Information
- Silver Crest Elementary serves over 1,000 students from K-6.
- The modern, attractive, two-story building, which opened in August of 2009, features large spacious classrooms, which are equipped with audio enhancement and digital projection systems. Students have easy access to a centrally located media center and a state of the art computer lab. In addition, students have access to two mobile computer labs.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1:23 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades, and 1:27 in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. Actual class sizes may vary.
- Bus service is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or more from the school
- A nutritious hot lunch is prepared and served daily. Free and reduced price lunches are available to qualifying students.
- School Highlights
- Silver Crest has a dedicated faculty of well-trained teachers who work together in Professional Learning Communities to provide excellent education opportunities for students in each learning center.
- All certificated staff hold current teaching certificates with several teachers having earned advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the regular teaching certificates.
- All staff members are formally evaluated on a regular basis for the purpose of improving performance. Teachers continually participate in professional development courses to improve instructional skills.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds all district and state requirements. Teachers use the Balanced Literacy framework to teach reading and writing. Math is taught using a combination of Investigations and Scott Foresman/Addison Wesley curriculum.
- Technology is an important aspect of the school curriculum. Our up-to-date computer lab, along with two mobile computer labs, enables students (K-6) to learn and practice keyboarding skills, word processing programs, safe Internet skills, and to work with software in all curriculum areas.
- Silver Crest students are expected to attend school regularly and to dress in clean, appropriate clothing.
- Students at Silver Crest Elementary are taught responsible citizenship as teachers set reasonable limits, reinforce positive behavior, and employ programs to build student self-esteem.
- Our student council and student safety patrol gives student leaders an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and communication skills as they work together to build school pride and to serve others.
- An active PTA and School Community Council assist with activities and regularly give input on important school issues.
- Visitors are and volunteers are welcomed and encouraged at Silver Crest. Volunteers support the educational process through their work within the classroom. It is our goal to have every family at Silver Crest give of their time and service in the quest to educate the youth of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Silver Crest Elementary
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Silver Crest Elementary
Begin at approx. 6400 W. and approx. 12450 S; east along approx. 12450 S. (south side) to 6000 W.; continuing east along Herriman Pkwy. (south side) to Anthem Park Blvd.; north along Anthem Park Blvd. (east side) to the Midas Gulch (approx. 12200 S.); west along the Midas Gulch (north side) to approx. 5610 W.; north along approx. 5610 W. (east side) to 11800 S.; east along 11800 S. (south side) to Mountain View Corridor; south along Mountain View Corridor (west side) to 13400 S.; west along 13400 S. (north side) to 5600 W.; north along 5600 W. (east side) to Main St.; west along Main St. (north side) to Pioneer St. (6000 W.); north along 6000 W. (east side) to Silver Sky Dr.; west along Silver Sky Dr. (north side) to Starlite Hill Ln.; north along Starlite Hill Ln. (east side) to approx. 12590 S.; west along approx. 12590 S. (north side) to approx. 6400 W.; north along approx. 6400 W. (east side) to approx.12450 S.