Joel P. Jensen Middle School is located in West Jordan. The goal of Joel P. Jensen is to provide a meaningful academic, social, and emotional environment.
- The school serves about 850 students in grades seven, eight, and nine.
- Joel P. Jensen, opened in 1984. The school is completely accessible to everyone.
- The school operates on a standard nine-month calendar.
- All staff members are certified to teach in their assignment area of expertise. All teachers and administrators are evaluated on a regular basis.
- The curriculum follows guidelines set by Jordan District and the Utah State Board of Education. In addition to basic subjects, students are offered a variety of classes in music, art, vocational education, and foreign language.
- A qualified staff provides resource education for students who require a more individualized program of study.
- Honors and AP programs are provided for students who meet the criteria.
- We have a high level of expectations for students to maintain attendance, discipline, and dress code standards.
- Joel P. Jensen provides a breakfast and lunch program.
- An active PTA and School Community Council support continuous input regarding community needs and concerns. Both groups meet regularly.
- Community volunteers are always welcome. Volunteers provide a variety of support services to the school.
- Parents are welcome to visit the school. All visitors are asked to check in at the office upon arrival.
- Our school encourages student involvement and provides many opportunities for students to develop leadership skills.
- Our students participate in MESA, science competitions, leadership conferences, and music festivals.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2013-14 SAGE Results for Joel P. Jensen Middle
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Joel P. Jensen Middle
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Joel P. Jensen Middle
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Joel P. Jensen Middle
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Joel P. Jensen Middle
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Joel P. Jensen Middle
Begin at Old Bingham Hwy. and approx. 4225 W.; northeast along Old Bingham Hwy. (south side) to 4000 W.; north along 4000 W. (east side) to 7800 S.; east along 7800 S. (south side) to Bangerter Hwy.; north along Bangerter Hwy. (east side) to approx. 6600 W.; east along approx. 6600 S. (south side) to the Utah-Salt Lake Canal (approx. 2800 W.); south along the Utah-Salt Lake Canal (west side) to approx. 7485 S.; east along approx. 7485 S. (south side) to 2700 W.; south along 2700 W. (west side) to 7800 S.; east along 7800 S. (south side) to 1700 W.; south along 1700 W. (west side) to 9400 S.; west along 9400 S. (north side) to 3200 W.; north along 3200 W. (east side) to 9000 S.; west along 9000 S. (north side) to Old Bingham Hwy. at approx. 4225 W.