- Principal: Larry Urry
- Assistant Principals: Shelly Gottfredson, Caleb Olson
- Address: 8292 S. Skyline Arch Drive, West Jordan, Utah 84081
- Phone: 801-412-2475 | Fax: 801-412-2490
- Mascot: Falcons
- School Colors: Black, Burgundy & Silver
- Home Page: www.srms.info
- View boundary description
- View student achievement
Sunset Ridge Middle School is one of Jordan District’s newest middle schools, located in one of the fastest growing areas in the Salt Lake Valley. The school’s architectural design lends itself to an atmosphere of cooperative teaching and learning. Administrators, teachers, community members and students come together in effort to provide students with educational and social experiences conducive to meeting and mastering basic skills essential to productive living and good citizenship.
- The school is implementing research based practices that best meet the needs of students in the middle grades.
- Teachers work collaboratively to create educational experiences that are rigorous and relevant.
- The school focuses on being academically excellent, socially equitable and developmentally responsive.
- Sunset Ridge currently serves 1575 students in grades seven, eight and nine.
- School is in session for 180 days a year on a traditional nine-month calendar with the summers off.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds district and state core curriculum standards and includes a wide range of required and elective courses.
- The faculty includes a mix of veteran and new educators. All are state approved and well prepared in their teaching fields. Both teachers and administrators undergo formal evaluations on a regular basis. The standards of excellence are high throughout the faculty and staff
- A full resource team, school psychologist, counselors, and teachers are on staff to serve students with special needs.
- Students are expected to attend classes regularly and to comply with the school’s Code of Conduct. A computer tracking system helps monitor attendance.
- Character education and excellence programs encourage students to do their best by rewarding academic achievement, good citizenship, exemplary attitudes, exceptional effort, and improvement.
- Hot lunches and breakfasts are provided daily.
- School volunteers are an important asset to our school. Visitors are always welcome. Please check in at the main office for a visitor’s pass before going to classes or moving through the building.
- Parents and students have 24-hour access to current grades and attendance through Skyward grading program.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2013-14 SAGE Results for Sunset Ridge Middle
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Sunset Ridge Middle
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Sunset Ridge Middle
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2013-14 PACE Report Card for Sunset Ridge Middle
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Sunset Ridge Middle
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Sunset Ridge Middle
Begin at the west county line and approx. 6600 S.; east along approx. 6600 S. (south side) to the D&RGW Railroad (approx. 4700 W.); south along the D&RGW Railroad (west side) to 7800 S.; west along 7800 S. (north side) to Mountain View Corridor; south along Mountain View Corridor (west side) to New Bingham Hwy.; southwest along New Bingham Hwy. (north side) to U-111 and approx. 9600 S.; west along approx. 9600 S. (north side) to the west county line; north along the west county line (east side) to approx. 6600 S.