Board of Education General Session
The general session of the Board of Education was abbreviated to allow more time for a continued discussion on boundary realignment in the Board study session. Safe walking routes, school permits, transportation costs and ALPS/DLI programs were discussed.
General Business Items
The Board approved a UHSSA membership contract for the new high school in Herriman along with four bids.
- Patron Comments
- Brett Miller, parent, asked the Board to consider leaving the ALPS program at its current, central location, Jordan Ridge Elementary School.
- Board Comments
- Darrell Robinson reported from the School Community Council Committee that SCC trainings are coming up.
- Tracy Miller reminded everyone that the District sponsored legislative breakfast is Nov. 27, 2018 at Copper Hills High School. She said the Legislative Committee is currently outlining legislative priorities.
- Matt Young reported that the Innovations in Education Committee has asked for the selecting of a high school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program.
Closed, Study Session
In closed session, Board members discussed personnel, property, potential litigation and negotiations. In open session, the Board discussed selection of Calendar Committee members and had a continued discussion on boundary realignment.
– Sandy Riesgraf, Director of Communications
Janice L. Voorhies, President – Precinct 6
Matthew Young, Vice President – Precinct 2
Jen Atwood, Secretary – Precinct 7
Bryce Dunford, Member – Precinct 5
Tracy J. Miller, Member – Precinct 3
Marilyn Richards, Member – Precinct 4
Darrell Robinson, Member – Precinct 1