Aspen Elementary is located in the Daybreak community in South Jordan. Construction of the school was completed in July, 2021 and we welcomed our new students in August. Our dedicated faculty and staff are committed to providing a safe place for students to learn and grow. We work closely with the community to build positive relationships. The school serves approximately 550 students on a traditional school calendar. Nutritious hot breakfasts and lunches are prepared and served daily. Bus service is provided for students who live 1.5 miles or more from the school.
- School Highlights
- Our staff includes over 20 certified teachers with several teachers having earned advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond the regular teaching certificate.
- Aspen Elementary School is a Professional Learning Community where teachers work collaboratively in teams to meet individual student learning needs by providing additional support, intervention, and enrichment.
- Instruction in each grade follows the Utah State Core Standards.
- The Second Step Program is taught to all students to reinforce social emotional skills. This program promotes self-regulation, emotion management, problem solving, and responsible decision-making.
- Blended learning is an important aspect of the school curriculum. Every student has a Chromebook that teachers utilize in their lessons, students then use them for research, writing, and to work with various software programs in core content areas.
- Daily rotations include PE, Library, STEM, and Art enrichment.
- Aspen Elementary is using Utah State Trust Land funds to improve reading and math skills through intense intervention and enrichment.