Terra Linda Elementary School is located in the city of West Jordan. It serves students living in the general area of 8030 South to 8600 South and from 3075 West to 4000 West. Terra Linda consists of strong families, in an active community, who support school programs and activities.
The goal for Terra Linda is to provide a risk-free environment that builds leaders, one child at a time through academic excellence in Language Arts, math, science, social studies and the fine arts.
- General Information
- Terra Linda is on a traditional school schedule that serves approximately 578 students.
- The building opened in 1972, with some remodeling occurring in 2008.
- Terra Linda has classrooms equipped with audio enhancement and digital projection systems, a computer lab, a laptop mobile lab, kiva, cafeteria, gym and media center.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 23 in first, second and third grades and 1 to 27 in the fourth, fifth and sixth grades. The actual class sizes vary.
- A nutritious hot breakfast and lunch are prepared and served daily.
- School Highlights
- The faculty at Terra Linda includes 27 certified teachers. Several teachers have advanced degrees and educational endorsements beyond their regular teaching certificate.
- Resource teachers provide additional help to students with IEP’s in reading, writing and math.
- A School Psychologist is available 2 ½ days a week to provide groups or individual counseling for students who have issues that are preventing them from being successful in the classroom
- A Speech Pathologist is also available part time to provide speech therapy for those students who have been identified.
- Teachers collaborate in Professional Learning Communities to ensure that all students are learning and being challenged.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds all district and state requirements. Teachers use the Balanced Literacy framework to teach reading and writing. Math is taught using a combination of Investigations and the Scott Foresman/Addison Wesley curriculum.
- Terra Linda Elementary is the 26th school in the nation to be sponsored by Panda Express for the implementation of The Leader in Me process into the curriculum.
- Terra Linda is a recipient of the Beverley Taylor Sorensen Grant and has a full-time Drama Specialist who meets with every class for 45 minutes per week.
- Terra Linda has a school choir for students in grades K-6 that meets on Tuesdays and Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. in the GYM. There is also a band class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. for students in the 4th, 5th or 6th grades.
- Terra Linda follows the Jordan School District Code of Conduct, Dress Code, Attendance and Discipline standards and policies.
- The Terra Linda Student Leadership Council assists with school activities, daily announcements, running assemblies and service projects.
- Terra Linda has an active PTA and School Community Council that assist with school activities and valuable input on important school issues.
School visitors and volunteers are always welcomed and encouraged at Terra Linda. Volunteers are valuable in helping to support the educational process in the classroom. We also have volunteers who are unable to come during the day, but are willing to support the teacher and PTA with work that can be accomplished in the evenings. Every family that attends Terra Linda is encouraged to support their children by working closely with the classroom teachers.
The Student Assessment of Growth and Excellence (SAGE) is a collection of computer-adaptive assessments given to Utah students beginning in grade 3. SAGE assessments provide questions that assess students’ ability to apply higher-order thinking skills and better emulate real tasks students may encounter in education and in life.
SAGE assessments were developed through a joint effort on the part of Utah teachers, parents, test development experts, and the Utah State Board of Education. SAGE assessments provide information to assist in determining students’ educational progress towards being ready for college and careers upon completion of secondary school.
- 2014-15 SAGE Results for Terra Linda Elementary
- 2015-16 SAGE Results for Terra Linda Elementary
- 2016-17 SAGE Results for Terra Linda Elementary
PACE is an acronym given to Utah’s 2013 ten-year education and economic development plan. The plan includes four main components: Prepare young learners, Access for all students, Complete certificates and degrees, and Economic success (PACE). PACE Accountability Reports provide information regarding a school’s progress towards achieving components of the Governor’s education and economic development plan.
In lower and middle grades, PACE Accountability Reports display information regarding kindergarten readiness and SAGE assessment results for grades 3, 6, and 8. At the high school level, SAGE reports include graduation rates, ACT results, and college credit earned concurrent enrollment, advanced placement (AP), career and technical education (CTE), and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs.
- 2014-15 PACE Report Card for Terra Linda Elementary
- 2015-16 PACE Report Card for Terra Linda Elementary
- 2016-17 PACE Report Card for Terra Linda Elementary
Begin at 4800 W. and Old Bingham Hwy.; northeast along Old Bingham Hwy. (south side) to Bangerter Hwy.; north along Bangerter Hwy. (east side) to approx. 8100 S.; east along approx. 8100 S. (south side) to the Utah Lake Distributing Canal (approx. 2950 W.); southeast along the Utah Lake Distributing Canal (west side) to approx. 8500 S.; continue southwest along the Utah Lake Distributing Canal (north side) to 8600 S. and 3200 W.; south along 3200 W. (west side) to approx. 8800 S; west along approx. 8800 S. (north side); to approx. 3475 W.; south along approx. 3475 W. (west side) to 9000 S.; west along 9000 S. (north side) to Bangerter Hwy.; south along Bangerter Hwy. (west side) to approx. 9400 S.; west along approx. 9400 S. (north side) to 4000 W.; north along 4000 W. (east side) to the West Jordan/South Jordan City line (approx. 9325 S.); southwest along the West Jordan/South Jordan City line (north side) to approx. 9400 S.; west along approx. 9400 S. (West Jordan/South Jordan City line, north side) to 4800 W.; north along 4800 W. (east side) to Old Bingham Hwy.