Hidden Valley Middle is located in Bluffdale on Harmon Day Drive. This brand new beautiful building is scheduled to open Fall, 2020.
What Hidden Valley Middle will offer students?
- This school will serve students in grades seven, eight and nine.
- Students attend school on a regular nine-month, 180-day calendar with summers off.
- A school psychologist, guidance counselors, and a health and wellness specialist are available to support emotional needs of all students.
- A full resource team will provide services for students with Individual Educational Plans.
- Students who reside west of the railroad tracks will be bus eligible and students who reside east of the tracks will be in the walking area.
- ALPS (7th grade only for the 2020-21 school year)
- Dual Language Immersion – Portuguese (Grades 7, 8, 9)
- 1 to 1 Technology – Students will be assigned a personal laptop device that can be taken home every day.
- Emphasis on using Canvas in the classroom.
- Students will be graded using Standards Reference Grading, which will help students achieve proficiency of essential standards and skills in their classes.
- Teachers will use data collected through multiple sources to assess student proficiency. Teachers will provide interventions for students who have not yet demonstrated proficiency.
We are so excited and look forward to educating the students in this area. See you soon!!!