Starting today, Jordan School District is celebrating School Nutrition Employee Week and that means it is time to thank your school lunch lady and the support staff that keep our cafeteria’s running so smoothly. These dedicated employees rise and shine with smiles for the students, teachers, parents and staff they serve every single day. School lunch is a special time of day for our students because of the great food and fun nutrition service employees deliver.
Thank you for serving up delicious meals along with an extra serving of kindness in lunchrooms throughout Jordan School District!
With some smiles and tears, twelve students at the Kauri Sue Hamilton School received diplomas in the school’s transition exercise program. Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs and Jordan School District Director of Special Education Lisa Robinson presented diplomas to students this year.
The ceremony began with Principal Rita Bouillon greeting those in attendance, thanking them for their dedication to the students at Kauri Sue Hamilton.
Students received applause and cheers from their families and friends as their names were announced by school Assistant Principal Dr. Sheldon Russell. Student Joshua Caroon gave a heart-felt, yet humorous speech about his time at the school, telling stories about his experiences at Kauri Sue Hamilton.
An emotional video featuring pictures the students transitioning was played for the audience. The video used still photos provided by families and staff, showcasing special memories of the students.
Assistant Principal Teri Griffiths thanked the families and staff for their commitment to the students as she commended them in this year’s transition class.
Congratulations and good luck to these awesome students!
Diena Riddle spent many years in education as a teacher and then elementary school principal in Jordan School District. When she decided it was time to make a change, she did it in a big way. Mrs. Riddle packed up and moved to southern Utah where she now runs an Alpaca Ranch. She makes colorful yarns from the Alpaca coats and knits them into hats and scarves.
Mrs. Riddle was recently invited to Alan LaFleur’s 2nd grade classroom at South Jordan Elementary to demonstrate how she spins the Alpaca fleece into yarn and showed the class what the finished products look like once they are knitted. The students were able to see the raw alpaca fleece and they watched a video of Mrs. Riddle’s 24 alpaca’s having fun on her ranch. They even learned the individual names given to each alpaca, what they eat and how playful they are around people.
Thanks to Mrs. Riddle, our principal turned alpaca rancher, for the fun and engaging lesson.
The following administrative assignments will be effective July 1, 2018.
Cabinet supervision assignments will be forthcoming.
- Lisa Robinson, Director of Special Education, appointed Administrator of Schools.
- Jill Durrant, Administrator of Schools, appointed Consultant of the Child Development Center.
- Laura Finlinson, Administrator of Curriculum & Staff Development, appointed Administrator of Schools.
- Shelley Nordick, Staff Assistant in Curriculum, appointed Administrator of Curriculum & Staff Development.
- Stacy Evans, Principal at West Hills Middle School, appointed Staff Assistant in Curriculum & Staff Development.
- Cynthia Vandermeiden, Assistant Principal at West Hills Middle, appointed Principal at West Hills Middle.
- Michelle Kilcrease, Assistant Principal at Elk Ridge Middle, appointed Assistant Principal at West Hills Middle.
- Josh Ricks, Teacher at Riverton High, appointed Assistant Principal at Elk Ridge Middle.
- Doree Strauss, Principal at Bastian Elementary, appointed Administrator of Schools.
- Amanda Edwards, Principal at Silver Crest Elementary, appointed Principal at Bastian Elementary.
- Ann Pessetto, Assistant Principal at Fox Hollow/South Jordan Elementaries, appointed Principal at Silver Crest Elementary.
- Mike Kochevar, Principal at West Jordan High, appointed Principal at the New High School in Herriman.
- Jim Birch, Principal at Herriman High, appointed Principal at West Jordan High.
- Todd Quarnberg, Principal at Copper Hills High, appointed Principal at Herriman High.
- Bryan Veazie, Assistant Principal at Bingham High, appointed Principal at Copper Hills High.
- Michael Farnsworth, teacher at Fort Herriman Middle School, appointed Assistant Principal at Bingham High School.
- Kim Searle, Assistant Principal at Herriman High, appointed Principal at Sunset Ridge Middle.
- Julie Scherzinger, CTE Coordinator at JATC South, appointed Assistant Principal at Herriman High.
- Brian Larson, Assistant Principal at West Jordan Middle, appointed Assistant Principal at Copper Mountain Middle.
- Danielle Hanson, Intern Assistant Principal in Granite School District, appointed Assistant Principal at West Jordan Middle.
- Timothy Heumann, Assistant Principal at South Jordan Middle, appointed Assistant Principal at Fort Herriman Middle.
- Connie Bailey, Assistant Principal at Copper Mountain Middle, appointed Assistant Principal at South Jordan Middle.
- Amy Lloyd, Teacher at Fort Herriman Middle, appointed Assistant Principal at Copper Mountain Middle.
- Tiffany Cooke, Assistant Principal at Bluffdale Elementary, appointed Assistant Principal at Sunset Ridge Middle.
- Buddy Alger, Assistant Principal at Herriman/Silver Crest Elementaries, appointed Assistant Principal at Bluffdale Elementary.
- Kathe Riding, Principal at Columbia Elementary, appointed Principal at Majestic Elementary.
- Abram Yospe, Assistant Principal at Midas Creek/Welby Elementaries, appointed Principal at Columbia Elementary.
- April Gaydosh, Principal in Transylvania County School District, appointed Principal at Westvale Elementary.
- Shauna Worthington, Assistant Principal at Blackridge/Foothills Elementaries, appointed Principal at Oquirrh Elementary.
- Mandy Thurman, Principal at Oquirrh Elementary, appointed Assistant Principal at Midas Creek/Welby Elementaries.
- Amy Adams, Assistant Principal at Riverside Elementary, appointed Assistant Principal at Herriman/Riverside Elementaries.
- Tina Susuico, Assistant Principal at Majestic Elementary, appointed Assistant Principal at Elk Meadows/Monte Vista Elementaries.
- Nanette Ririe, Teacher at Rose Creek Elementary, appointed Assistant Principal at Blackridge/Foothills.
- Ross Menlove, Teacher in Wasatch School District, appointed Assistant Principal at Silver Crest Elementary.
- Cathryn Ford, Assistant Principal at Elk Meadows/Monte Vista Elementaries appointed Assistant Principal at Fox Hollow/South Jordan Elementaries.
It was a night to honor dedicated men and women who have collectively worked more than 1,638 years in education. Jordan School District recognized 94 employees who are retiring this year. The Board of Education held a special banquet in their honor. The retiring employees were recognized for doing some of the most worthwhile work in the world – challenging young minds, providing support services, creating an environment conducive to learning and preparing students to become life-long learners. The Elk Ridge Middle School Concert Choir directed by Keith Goodrich received a standing ovation for their captivating performance at the dinner.
Congratulations to these valued employees. Good luck in your retirement.
Enjoy a photo gallery on our Facebook page.