Pam Henderson is a hall monitor at Oquirrh Hills Middle School who has received a first-of-its-kind award from Riverton City. Ms. Henderson recently received the inaugural Mayor’s Service Award from Riverton City and Mayor Trent Staggs.
As the recipient of this award, Ms. Henderson was recognized for her hard work and devotion to Riverton City.
This is what the Mayor’s Service Award said about Ms. Henderson:
Pam Henderson is most deserving of the inaugural Mayor’s Service Award. Pam is the current volunteer advisor for the Riverton Youth Council, a member of the Riverton City Events and Inclusion Committee, and a prime example of a resident who strives to make our community better. She is extremely supportive of all Riverton City events and initiatives and frequently gives of her own time to volunteer and serve in a variety of capacities, often without recognition. Her selfless service and can-do work ethic exemplify the very best of our community.
Congratulations, Pam Henderson!
She is described as a phenomenal educator who always goes above and beyond and now this Oquirrh Hills Middle Teacher is being recognized for her amazing work in getting students college and career ready. Career and Technical Education Teacher Carly Stirland was honored as Utah CTE Teacher of the Year in the Work Based Learning category. Ms. Stirland engages students with hands-on learning in technology and engineering to create college and career awareness. The Utah Association for Career and Technology Education recognized Ms. Stirland for her ability to bring educators together in successful teamwork, building relationships with students and staff and innovation in the classroom.
Congratulations, Ms. Stirland! Thank you for making a difference in young lives.
Please join us in congratulating Oquirrh Hills Middle School Assistant Principal Audrey Fish who is Assistant Principal of the Year for the State of Utah! Assistant principals from all over Utah were competing for the prestigious award in a vigorous nomination and interview process conducted by the Utah Association of Secondary School Principals (UASSP).
Audrey Fish began her career teaching biology, aerobics, weight training, and PE. Mrs. Fish was recognized by UASSP as a reflective practitioner who works hard to keep up with research and enjoys attending and leading professional development because she is always looking for ways to improve her practice. Her passion for mindfulness, social emotional learning, restorative practices, and instructional coaching has strengthened school culture for students and staff at Oquirrh Hills Middle School.
We are extremely proud of the passion, professionalism and dedication Mrs. Fish brings to students, teachers and staff at Oquirrh Hills Middle.
Congratulations, Mrs. Fish! Thank you to the UASSP for helping everyone recognize and celebrate amazing educators.
Dear Students, Staff and Patrons,
Snow is impacting the morning commute today with slippery conditions on roadways.
Buses may be delayed a few minutes but school is starting on time.
Please know that parents may decide to keep children home due to adverse weather conditions. Schools understand and respect this decision and will work with families.
We urge caution on all roadways and sidewalks. We urge everyone to please allow extra time necessary for safe travel.
Also, be aware of slippery conditions while walking on school grounds, in parking lots, sidewalks and other walkways around our schools.
The safety of students, teachers and staff, as well as members of the community, is very important to us.
Full Emergency Communications & Snow Closure Guidelines can be found at jordandistrict.org/resources/emergency.
The following are new administrative assignments:
- Secondary Assignments Effective Jan. 21, 2020
- Shawn McLeod, principal at South Jordan Middle appointed principal at Hidden Valley Middle.
- Nicole Johnson, assistant principal at Jordan Hills and Rosamond Elementary Schools appointed principal at South Jordan Middle.
- Amber Zdunich, assistant principal at Joel P. Jensen Middle appointed assistant principal at Hidden Valley Middle.
- Jody Deland, CTE teacher at South Jordan Middle appointed assistant principal at Joel P. Jensen Middle.
- Audrey Fish, assistant principal at Oquirrh Hills Middle appointed assistant principal at Fort Herriman Middle.
- Jennifer Jarrard, teacher specialist at Kauri Sue Hamilton appointed assistant principal at Oquirrh Hills Middle.
- Secondary Assignment Effective July 1, 2020
- Raimee Jensen, assistant principal at Fort Herriman Middle appointed assistant principal at Hidden Valley Middle.
- Elementary Assignments Effective Feb. 3, 2020
- Tami Bird, principal at Rose Creek Elementary appointed principal at the new elementary school in West Jordan.
- Karen Egan, principal at Bluffdale Elementary appointed principal at Rose Creek Elementary.
- Cynthia Tingey, principal at Riverton Elementary appointed principal at Bluffdale Elementary.
- Joel Pullan, principal at Oakcrest Elementary appointed principal at Riverton Elementary.
- Ken Westwood, principal at South Jordan Elementary appointed principal at Oakcrest Elementary.
- Beverly Griffith, assistant principal at Fox Hollow Elementary appointed principal at South Jordan Elementary.
- Nancy Ward, educational support consultant in Teaching & Learning appointed assistant principal at Fox Hollow Elementary.
- Brenda Anderson, instructional coach at Mountain Shadows Elementary appointed assistant principal at Jordan Hills and Rosamond Elementary.