Please join us in congratulating South Hills Middle School teacher Gina Knowles.
Ms. Knowles has been selected as the Utah Council for the Social Studies Middle School Teacher of the Year.
Gina Knowles began her career in education as an elementary school teacher but decided she wanted to move on to teach at the middle school level. Her principal, Rochelle Waite, says Ms. Knowles makes history come alive for her students which in turn makes them love to learn about history.
Keep up the great work, Ms. Knowles!
He works tirelessly every day to support students at Valley High School helping them find success in school and in life. Now, Assistant Principal Jacinto Peterson is being recognized by the NAACP Salt Lake branch. On Friday night Mr. Peterson received the Albert Fritz Civil Rights Award from the NAACP at their annual membership banquet. The award recognizes Jacinto’s work in the area of equality and social justice. Jacinto was also recognized for his belief that every student deserves a chance to succeed and accomplish their dreams.
Congratulations Jacinto on this well-deserved recognition!
Congratulations to Ryan Frandsen, West Jordan Middle School’s Afterschool Program Coordinator. Ryan has been very busy building the Afterschool Program at WJMS where there are now more than 30 activities taking place during the week.
Because of his dedication to students and outstanding work improving the lives of youth through out-of-school time programming and activities, Mr. Frandsen was recognized as the “Utah Afterschool Site Coordinator of the Year” by the Utah Afterschool Network.
The afterschool activities offered at WJMS help to keep students engaged, learning, and in a safe environment after school ends, until parents arrive home. Mr. Frandsen has recruited more than 60 teachers to volunteer in the Afterschool Programs and he makes sure they have what they need to run the programs successfully.
Thank you, Ryan Frandsen, for having such a positive impact on so many young lives.
Take a minute out of your day to say thank you to custodians in schools and buildings throughout the District. Today is National Custodial Worker’s Recognition Day! It is a day to show appreciation for the men and women who keep our schools and workplaces clean, shining, well maintained and running smoothly.
These valuable employees contribute to the important first impressions at our schools and they lend a helping hand wherever they are needed. They are an important part of the Jordan School District family.
Who is your favorite custodian? Tell them how much they are appreciated.
Thank you, custodians!
The following new administrative assignments will be effective starting in September (as indicated below). An application for the consultant in Planning & Student Services position (currently held by Travis Hamblin) will be posted at workatjordan.org in the near future. Additional information regarding changes that have been made to the organizational structure will be shared soon.
- New Assignments effective Sept. 16:
- Cody Curtis, principal at Copper Mountain Middle School, appointed Middle School Level Administrator of Schools.
- Stacy Evans, staff assistant in Teaching & Learning, appointed staff assistant in Equity & Compliance.
- Travis Hamblin, consultant in Planning & Student Services, appointed director of Student Services.
- Amy Kinder, achievement coach in Canyons School District, appointed administrator on special assignment in Teaching & Learning.
- Christen Richards-Khong, principal at Bingham High, appointed staff assistant in Teaching & Learning.
- Rodney Shaw, administrator on special assignment in Teaching & Learning, appointed principal at Bingham High School.
- Lauren Peacock, assistant principal at Fort Herriman Middle, appointed principal at Copper Mountain Middle School.
- Raimee Jensen, teacher specialist in Teaching & Learning, appointed intern assistant principal at Fort Herriman Middle School.
- New Assignments effective Sept. 27:
- Michelle Kilcrease, assistant principal at West Hills Middle, appointed administrator on special assignment in Teaching & Learning.
- Marni Davis, achievement coach in Canyons School District, appointed assistant principal at West Hills Middle School.