The following are new administrative assignments effective August 1, 2019:
- Michael Anderson, Administrator of Schools, has been appointed Associate Superintendent.
- Allyson Stovall, teacher at Terra Linda Elementary, has been appointed administrator on special assignment in the Teaching & Learning Department.
- Mandy Thurman, currently assistant principal at Hayden Peak & Bluffdale Elementary Schools, has been appointed consultant in the Teaching & Learning Department.
- Elizabeth Felt, teacher specialist in the Teaching & Learning Department, has been appointed assistant principal at Blackridge & South Jordan Elementary Schools.
- Ami Shah, teacher specialist in the Special Education Department, has been appointed assistant principal at Riverton & West Jordan Elementary Schools.
- Nicole Johnson, currently on a leave of absence, has been appointed assistant principal at Columbia, Copper Canyon, Rosamond, Westvale, Jordan Hills & Westland Elementary Schools.
- Cathy Ford, currently assistant principal at South Jordan & Blackridge Elementary Schools, has been appointed assistant principal at Hayden Peak, Falcon Ridge & Mountain Shadows Elementary Schools.
Blair Jensen, a Welding and Agriculture Mechanics Instructor with JATC South, has been recognized as a semifinalist in the ‘Harbor Freight Tools for School Prize for Teaching Excellence.’ He is one of 50 educators in the nation to receive the honor and will move on to the next round of the competition where first and second place winners are picked. The awards program was established to help promote education for students wanting to learn skill trades at the high school level. The top three first-place winners and their schools will each receive a $100,000 prize with $70,000 going to the school. Fifteen second-place winners will each be awarded $50,000, with $35,000 going to the school.
Congratulations Blair for a well-deserved award and good luck on the future competition. We will be rooting for you!
Dear Outstanding Employees, Patrons and Board Members of Jordan School District,
It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as your Superintendent. I have learned much from you over the past eight years and will take those lessons learned and implement them into my life as I interact with the lives of others.
Thank you for the incredible impact you all have had on my life with your great passion for and advocacy of public education. I am grateful for your genuine hearts and incredible desires to provide the very best education possible for the young people of Jordan School District.
I am excited to watch and cheer as Superintendent Godfrey launches JSD into its next chapter of greatness! Enjoy the incredible journey and continue to reach for excellence as you strive to serve Every Child, Every Day!
With gratitude and great appreciation,
Patrice A. Johnson, Ed. D.
Jordan School District
Please join us in congratulating Blackridge Elementary School’s Rachelle Smith who is the 2019 Jordan School District Teacher of the Year.
Ms. Smith is a first-grade teacher who has been an educator in the District for 11 years. Colleagues describe her as an unbelievable talent and a teacher who is brilliant with technology.
Principal Steve Giles says Ms. Smith is innovative, dynamic, students adore her and learning outcomes in her classroom are amazing.
Ms. Smith will now represent Jordan School District in the competition for Utah Teacher of the Year.
Thank you, Rachelle Smith, for your incredible work in education and for making JSD proud!
Each year the Jordan Education Foundation receives hundreds of nominations from people sharing stories about hard working and truly amazing classified employees throughout Jordan School District. Narrowing the field down to the top eight is a difficult task, but this year’s winners have been selected.
Congratulations to the 2019 Jordan Education Foundation Classified Employees of the Year. We are very proud and appreciative of the valuable work you do every single day!
- Trina Child, Columbia Elementary School
- Anne Gould, Jordan Education Foundation
- Amanda Hansen, Department of Teaching and Learning
- Paul Hansen, Riverton Elementary School
- Brenda Landeen, South Jordan Elementary School
- Tiffany Page, Eastlake Elementary School
- Cyndi Pellegrino, Sunset Ridge Middle School
- Marci Stewart, Foothills Elementary School