The Salt Lake County Health Department has identified more than 15 active cases of COVID-19 within Riverton High School.
After investigating the circumstances, the Jordan School District Board of Education has determined that it is necessary for Riverton High School to close for two days for deep cleaning and thorough disinfecting of the building.
- Students will not be allowed in the building Thursday, Sept. 17 and Friday, Sept. 18.
- Staff will be allowed in the building if needed to gather instructional materials.
- All classes, in person and online, will be cancelled on Thursday, Sept. 17.
- Virtual instruction will continue on Friday, Sept. 18.
- In person and online classes will resume on Monday, Sept. 21.
Again, closing the school for two days will allow custodians to continue their work thoroughly disinfecting the building.
More information will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your support.