The Dec. 11 Board meeting summary is now available and can be viewed at jordandistrict.org/board/meetings/summary/2018-12-11/.
The Jordan School District Calendar Committee has developed calendar options for the 2019-20 school year which have been reviewed by the Board of Education.
The Board is asking for your input before the calendar is finalized. Please review the options and complete the survey by visiting boundary.jordandistrict.org/calendar
The survey will close on Monday, Dec. 10, at midnight.
In addition, for those interested in the ALPS program for the 2019-20 school year, applications are due on Friday, December 7, 2018. For more information about the ALPS program and to download an application, please visit the Gifted & Talented ALPS page.
Follow the links below to apply for a permit.
- Open Enrollment Choice Permit Application – English
- Open Enrollment Choice Permit Application – Español
- An updated permit policy has been approved and the guidelines can be found at boundary.jordandistrict.org.
- The first permit request window will be open from December 3 – 31.
- Permits will be approved based on the Board priorities outlined below, not on a first-come first-served basis.
- Any permit request submitted at any time during the month of December will be given equal consideration according to the Board priorities.
The Nov. 27 Board meeting summary is now available and can be viewed at jordandistrict.org/board/meetings/summary/2018-11-27/.
After reviewing considerable feedback and information gathered through public surveys and public hearings, the Board of Education developed and unanimously approved 2019-20 boundaries, which they called option D.
Here are the maps for the 2019-20 approved boundaries.
Please note the following regarding the final boundaries:
- If there is no color on the map for your elementary school, then your school’s boundaries do not change.
- Fox Hollow, Blackridge and South Jordan Elementary Schools will remain on a year-round calendar. All other elementary schools will be on a traditional calendar.
- Majestic Elementary is scheduled to close after the 2019-20 school year, with future building use to be determined over the coming year.
- An updated permit policy was also approved along with the guidelines posted below. More information will be e-mailed to parents in the coming days.
- Fort Herriman, Oquirrh Hills, and South Hills Middle Schools will change boundaries to middle school transition boundaries for the 2019-20 school year, then to final middle school boundaries for the 2020-21 school year. Although these schools would experience two boundary changes, boundaries would only be moved once at most for each student.
For more information including survey results, please visit boundary.jordandistrict.org.