The Jordan School District Board of Education is seeking parents to serve on a district calendar committee to help develop school calendars for next year and the years to come. Parent representatives who are chosen to serve on the committee will work with district staff to develop calendar options that will then be emailed to all parents in the district for feedback. The Board is expected to vote on a final calendar in December.
Serving on the committee will require attending meetings during the day, including an initial all-day meeting. The work of the committee will be completed in several meetings during the months of October and November.
If you are interested in serving as a parent on the district calendar committee, please complete the survey at the link below. If you know someone who may be interested, please encourage them to apply. One position is open per feeder system. We will contact all applicants to let them know whether they were selected. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Jordan School District Board of Education invites you to attend this informational meeting where you will learn about the boundary change process.
Five new schools will be opening in Jordan School District in the 2019-20 school year and boundary changes to existing schools are necessary in order to establish boundaries for the new schools.
No boundary decisions will be made at this meeting.
Please join us, Thursday, Sept. 27, 7 p.m.
West Jordan High School Auditorium
The following are new administrative assignments:
- Bobbie Nixon, intern facilitator at Herriman Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Bastian and Herriman Elementary Schools.
- Megan Cox, teacher specialist at Blackridge Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Golden Fields and Rose Creek Elementary Schools.
- Jerri Mausbach, assistant principal at Oquirrh Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Oquirrh and Southland Elementary Schools.
- Amy Adams, assistant principal at Herriman and Riverside Elementary Schools, appointed assistant principal at Riverside Elementary School.
- Candie Checketts, assistant principal at Butterfield Canyon and Rose Creek Elementary Schools, appointed assistant principal at Butterfield Canyon Elementary School.
Educators throughout the District came together for a full day of professional development focused on safety and wellness. Every teacher received the training thanks to $1 million dollars the Board of Education set aside to pay teachers for their participation. It was a day of listening and learning about important health, wellness and safety information that will not only benefit teachers but the overall health, wellness and safety of students as well.
A special thanks to Lieutenant Matt Pennington (South Jordan Police Department), Captain Chet Ellis (Unified Fire Authority), Professor of Criminal Justice, Justin W. Patchin and Professor of Psychology, Dr. Scott Poland for sharing their knowledge and support for Jordan School District.
It was an exciting day as ground was broken for a new elementary school and a new middle school in Bluffdale. We want to thank everyone who participated, including Ms. Brown’s 5th grade class from Bluffdale Elementary School. The students sang two musical numbers to the delight of the crowd and then grabbed some shovels and helped to break ground, paving the way for construction of the new schools.
Enjoy a photo gallery on our Facebook page.