After reviewing considerable feedback and information gathered through public surveys and public hearings, the Board of Education developed and unanimously approved 2019-20 boundaries, which they called option D.
Here are the maps for the 2019-20 approved boundaries.
Please note the following regarding the final boundaries:
- If there is no color on the map for your elementary school, then your school’s boundaries do not change.
- Fox Hollow, Blackridge and South Jordan Elementary Schools will remain on a year-round calendar. All other elementary schools will be on a traditional calendar.
- Majestic Elementary is scheduled to close after the 2019-20 school year, with future building use to be determined over the coming year.
- An updated permit policy was also approved along with the guidelines posted below. More information will be e-mailed to parents in the coming days.
- Fort Herriman, Oquirrh Hills, and South Hills Middle Schools will change boundaries to middle school transition boundaries for the 2019-20 school year, then to final middle school boundaries for the 2020-21 school year. Although these schools would experience two boundary changes, boundaries would only be moved once at most for each student.
For more information including survey results, please visit boundary.jordandistrict.org.
After receiving feedback on previous boundary Options A and B, the Board developed boundary Option C. Feedback will be gathered through a new survey until midnight on Friday, November 9th. A vote to finalize boundaries is scheduled for the Board’s public meeting on November 13th. After that meeting, final boundary decisions will be sent through Skyward to every parent.
Please note the following regarding Option C:
- Some neighborhoods that would not have changed boundaries under Option A or Option B would change boundaries under Option C. Please review the Option C maps carefully.
- If there is no map for your school, then your school is not being considered for a boundary change.
- Fox Hollow and South Jordan Elementary would remain on a year-round calendar. All other elementary schools would be on a traditional calendar.
- Majestic Elementary would be scheduled to close after the 2019-20 school year, with future building use to be determined over the coming year.
- The ALPS program would remain at Jordan Ridge Elementary.
- Some permits would be revoked at schools over capacity pending the Board’s approval of the draft permit policy.
- Fort Herriman, Oquirrh Hills, and South Hills Middle Schools would change boundaries to Option C Transition for the 2019-20 school year, then to Option C for the 2020-21 school year. Although these schools would experience two boundary changes, boundaries would only be moved once at most for each student. Please visit boundary.jordandistrict.org for maps.
Boundary Option Maps
The Jordan School District Board of Education is seeking parents to serve on a district calendar committee to help develop school calendars for next year and the years to come. Parent representatives who are chosen to serve on the committee will work with district staff to develop calendar options that will then be emailed to all parents in the district for feedback. The Board is expected to vote on a final calendar in December.
Serving on the committee will require attending meetings during the day, including an initial all-day meeting. The work of the committee will be completed in several meetings during the months of October and November.
If you are interested in serving as a parent on the district calendar committee, please complete the survey at the link below. If you know someone who may be interested, please encourage them to apply. One position is open per feeder system. We will contact all applicants to let them know whether they were selected. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Jordan School District Board of Education invites you to attend this informational meeting where you will learn about the boundary change process.
Five new schools will be opening in Jordan School District in the 2019-20 school year and boundary changes to existing schools are necessary in order to establish boundaries for the new schools.
No boundary decisions will be made at this meeting.
Please join us, Thursday, Sept. 27, 7 p.m.
West Jordan High School Auditorium
The following are new administrative assignments:
- Bobbie Nixon, intern facilitator at Herriman Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Bastian and Herriman Elementary Schools.
- Megan Cox, teacher specialist at Blackridge Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Golden Fields and Rose Creek Elementary Schools.
- Jerri Mausbach, assistant principal at Oquirrh Elementary School, appointed assistant principal at Oquirrh and Southland Elementary Schools.
- Amy Adams, assistant principal at Herriman and Riverside Elementary Schools, appointed assistant principal at Riverside Elementary School.
- Candie Checketts, assistant principal at Butterfield Canyon and Rose Creek Elementary Schools, appointed assistant principal at Butterfield Canyon Elementary School.